Saturday 1 January 2011

aches and pains

So my first run in a couple months was yesterday and it felt great, but how am I feeling this morning??

Well I had a late night but, just a little back pain (probably from my mattress), I do not have any leg pains!! I think I could plan another run.

It is hard to plan exercise because I have never been very good at putting myself first so when life gets busy that is what suddenly disapeers out of my life.

I know the secret to a good training plan is to stick to it so I am going to try not to "over do" things - which is what I typically do!! I am going to try and run every "other day" and boot camp MWF - I will give it my best shot but what I will do is stop if I am getting tired and redo my schedule to make it more manageable!!

Here are some suggestions from my UK running magazine

Don’t: Train every day in an attempt to quickly shed Christmas pounds
"This approach can only jeopardise long term running. Any sudden increase in mileage, intensity or frequency can increase the risk of illness and injury,

Do: Set yourself a long-term goal to train towards gradually
You'll need a long-term goal to keep motivated past the first few weeks of January and through the bleak winter months.

Don’t: Detox on a cabbage soup diet
As intoxicating as a quick-fix diet may seem, runners need to opt for a balanced diet packed with carbohydrates, protein, fruit and vegetables.

Do: Rethink your attitude to food
Food is fuel for a runner and it's important to learn when to eat before, during and after runs to train efficiently and curb hunger pangs.


the whole article can be found by clicking here!!!
Have you got any plans for a new exercise routine???

No comments:

Post a Comment